Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Learning Curves

Doing this campaign has had a huge impact on my life. Corny as that may sound- its true! I elected to touch on this subject because I knew various people who would be great sources and were willing to work with me on it. But along the way my own project has made me realise just how serious this topic is. Doing background research and finding out that one in every eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer is a frightning realisation. Knowing that it doesnt have to even run in your family for you to get it also strikes a nerve. Being a women, its the idea of breast cancer that stirs me most, I think the same could be said for most women. But its only one of the cancers out there ready and waiting to try and ruin a young person's life. Above anything, what Iv taken from my sources and the stories they have told is to listen to your body- be in tune with it. Know whats normal and whats not for you and act on it- dont be complaicent and let things slide. It could mean the difference between life and death.
With this, I book myself an appointment with the gynie! No jokes.

No comments:

Post a Comment